Compassionate Communities (CoCo) - Much Wenlock & Cressage
What is Compassionate Communities (CoCo)?
Compassionate Communities (CoCo) is a local initiative to tackle loneliness and isolation. It is free and open to all.
What do we do?
We are all different, so the type and amount of care and support we can give varies greatly, but at the heart of what we do is befriending. Here is a sample of the kind of support CoCo offer:
- Befriending, visiting, listening and chatting
- Reading to or listen to music together
- Playing games, such as scrabble
- Shopping for or shopping together
- Walking the dog or feeding pets
- Collecting library books or prescriptions
- Attending appointments together
- Helping with paperwork
How do we know who to help?
The Medical Practice identifies patients who might need the help from CoCo. If you think someone could benefit please mention it to a Nurse or Doctor.
Please come and join us: We need volunteers. If you can spare as little as an hour every couple of weeks we would love to hear from you.
If you wish to find out more email: email@example.com